2008-12-08 - System log: Welcome back, Maya

Read what's going on behind the scenes and in the minds of the developers of Craft Director Tools.
Micael Belin
CTO

2008-12-08 - System log: Welcome back, Maya

Post by Micael Belin » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:02 pm

My plan was simple. Just implement undo routines for the cache and clean up the code. The implementation is really straightforward and took me about 30 minutes to complete.

Then Maya got back on me, this time with a vengeance. When i dump the keys from the cache back to the Maya controller, the transform somehow doesn't recognize it's got new keys to use. I can see the keys in the timeline, i can see the keys in the graph editor. But if i move the time around the car is just standing still, doing nothing. It doesn't respond to the keys i've given it. If i, however, add a key or modify an existing one in the graph, everything starts going as usual. It seems it's missing a refresh call of some sort.

I have also experienced some sporadic crashes during debugging which is directly related to dumping the keys. The crash occurs deep within Maya, but i suspect i am the one causing it. Question is where.

Seems i have encountered a ghost. Great.
micael.fredriksson@craftanimations.com
http://www.craftanimations.com